– 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined (optional to leave tails on)
– ¼ cup olive oil
– Juice of two squeezed limes
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– ½ cup of chopped cilantro
– 1 green onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– salt and peppers to taste
– 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce (or for crisper taste, Hearts of Romaine)
– ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
– ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
– 1 can/jar of hearts of palm, chopped
– 1 ripe avocado, chopped
– 2 green onions, chopped
– ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
– 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
– 2 teaspoons honey
– 1 clove garlic, chopped
– 1 tsp chopped jalapeno (optional)
– ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground pepper
– Combine shrimp with marinade ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes.
– Meanwhile, add chopped lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, hearts of palm and avocado to a salad bowl.
– Combine all of the first seven vinaigrette ingredients in a small food processor and blend until everything is very finely chopped. Gradually add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
– Skewer the shrimp (each end should go through the skewer so they can lie flat) and grill for 2-3 minutes per side until pink all the way through.
– Toss the hearts of palm salad with the vinaigrette and top each serving with grilled shrimp.
Gluten Free Serving size varies depending upon whether you are serving as a main course (2-3 people) or starter (4-6 people).