- 1 13 oz jar of La Cima Hearts of Palm, drained
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter (vegan)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup of red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of kelp
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- In a bowl mix the flax and the water, adding one tablespoon of water at a time. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Sauté onions, bell peppers and celery in butter.
- Pull strands of the palm heart, from the outer part towards the inside. Once you get to the center it is mushy and you can just add this part to the mix.
- In another bowl mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- Using a tablespoon (depending on the size you want) use the mixture to form the cakes. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time.